Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MAC Hayley Williams- Sounds like Noise: Review/ Comparison


Hey fellow beauty junkies! I hope all has been going well with everyone. I've been on a bit of a makeup hiatus lately, but I recently picked up a new lippie from the Hayley Williams collabo with MAC and I have to say that I am impressed. Sounds like Noise is described as a "bright, true orange matte," but I can't say I wholeheartedly agree with that. SLN has more of a satin finish, and seems like more of a brighter, yellow-based, slightly more saturated pastel orange in my opinion, instead of a true/bright orange orange. I was a bit disappointed because based on the description, I thought I'd be getting a nice, matte orange... something bright and true like the orange in the AT&T logo... but this softer orange is beautiful in it's own right. I read on a few forums that it was similar to Milani Sweet Nectar (which I own), so I was kind of hesitant to make the purchase, but curiosity got the best of me and I dropped the $16.20 (after taxes) and picked this lippie up. And honestly, it isn't anything like Sweet Nectar, so I have no clue why anyone would compare the two as if they could be dupes. Sweet Nectar has a shinier finish, and is altogether deeper and more of a red-orange. Personally, I feel like Sounds like Noise isn't like any other color MAC has, and I hope they eventually decide to make it permanent, because it's a great everyday swipe and go lipstick. And I love that it's non-drying on my lips. I don't own anything like it, and since I've been wearing it daily, I think I'll have to get a backup while I still can.

I'll update in a few days with a lip swatch, but until then, here's a few swatches of Sounds like Noise next to Milani's Sweet Nectar for your enjoyment and comparison.

 (Sounds like Noise in natural daylight)

(L-R: Milani Sweet Nectar & Sounds like Noise in daylight)

(L-R: Sweet Nectar & Sounds like Noise... this pic gives the most accurate color for SLN)

(Sweet Nectar & Sounds like Noise outdoors)

(Milani Sweet Nectar & MAC Sounds like Noise outdoors/shade)


(Sweet Nectar & Sounds like Noise outdoors in direct sunlight)

(outdoors in partial sun)

All pictures (with the exception of the 1st three) were taken outdoors and in various lights WITHOUT flash.

What do you guys think of Sounds like Noise?

-Miss Brina

No comments:

Post a Comment