Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NYX 10 Color Palette Review & Swatches


I own more makeup than I could ever use in a lifetime. Do I use a quarter of it? No. Do I have a place for all of it? No. Will any of that stop me from acquiring more? Of course not. Hell, I just ordered some Lorac lippies on Hautelook this morning... but that's a whole different post. Today, to my absolute pleasure, I recieved my NYX 10 Color palette in Champagne & Caviar AND 3 single shadows in HIGH LITE, BROWN, and MOROCCO.

First off, I LOVE this palette!!! The shadows are sooooo soft & apply creamy. I've heard NYX shadows were pretty nice, but I just never got into the brand, so I was a bit surprised at the quality for the price. As its name suggests, the palette contains 10 coordinating matte and shimmer shadows that can be used to create amazing day, night or smokey looks. I definitely believe this is a palette everyone needs to have in their stash... it contains all the staple shades as far as I am concerned & would work well on ANY skintone. I'm still learning how to create eye looks, but I'll be posting a look using this palette just as soon as my baby lets me... newborns run the show!!! ;-)




The single shadows are just as soft and creamy as the shades in the palette, but I did find that I had to do a bit more building to get the pigmentation you see on the swatches. I really like Brown, it's a great matte shade for blending on deeper skintones. High Light is a nice, warm beige color that would look great as a brow highlight or inner eye brightener. And my FAV so far has to be Morocco, which is this beautiful jewel toned blue... it appears to have some purple shimmer in its undertone... I LOVE it so much.... it brings out the green in my eyes like you wouldn't believe!!!! 






Hope you enjoyed yourselves & the swatches!

*ALL swatches done with NYX jumbo pencil in Milk as base.*

No comments:

Post a Comment