Saturday, September 18, 2010

NYX Round Lipstick: Review & Swatches

During the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy, I became suddenly obssessed with lipstick. I've always been a pretty faithful lipgloss girl, but for some reason I found myself wanting to buy lipstick everywhere I went. Now that I have had my daughter and am pretty much homebound until she has her first shots later this month, I've re-discovered the joys of online shopping... and cherryculture.com! After hearing some pretty great things about the Nyx lippies, I decided to give them a second chance (I'd purchased Frappaccino before at Ulta and it was dry, plus the color didn't suit me). SO glad I did, because I am seriously in love with them. I bought 8 shades (all but one fairly neutral), and am pleasantly surprised by how pigmented and creamy they are. They also apply pretty darn even, and at $2.25 each, I will definitely be trying more shades in the very near future. Check out the swatches below.
     

  DOLL
                            









HERADES










TAUPE








URANUS








MARS









STONE










ECHO

                            








CREAMY BEIGE


So far, I am really loving Uranus and Herades. I've also recently purchased Hermes, which I will swatch and add later. Have you tried any of the NYX Round lipsticks? What's your opinion of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment