Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quick Rave: Melvita Eau Florale de Rose


A few months ago I received the Melvita Rose Water spritz in my Birchbox and after the 1st use fell instantly in love. I'd never really been into facial mists, despite all the rave about fix+ and so many other sprays, so naturally I left it sitting in the box for a couple weeks before curiosity finally won... plus, I figured I PAID for it, so I might as well try it. The pleasant scent of roses that accompanied the cool sensation of the spray was magnificent... and I am NOT a floral person at all. I prefer more soapy scents (ala Irish Springs and Clean Linen), but the rose water is subtle enough that it didn't bother or irritate, it simply left me feeling alert, refreshed and down right perky in the miserably hot weather (or so it was at the time I tried it). I've used it by itself for a quick pick me up, spritzed on my brushes when applying my foundation and even after applying powder, not so much to set my makeup, but more to help everything blend and avoid any ashy effect. My sample was .95 fl.oz. and I still have enough left to last me throughout the end of this month despite how often I use it. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size version for $22 when this trial bottle is finished. 

On a side note, I've been rather disappointed with my last 2 Birchbox shipments, and am thinking of cancelling after next months box if the trend continues. Anybody having a similar feeling regarding their boxes? Anyone get the Goop box (which I SHOULD have opted for instead)?

-Miss Brina

No comments:

Post a Comment