Tuesday, February 15, 2011

EOTD: ROSE GOLD & OLIVE LOOK USING THE 88 MIRAGE PALETTE



I received my Mirage palette from Coastal Scents a few days ago, and have been in absolute LOVE with it since I opened the package! It is so much more beautiful in person... photos truly do it no justice. I checked the site a few days ago and this palette was sold out, but they will be restocking by the end of this month, and I STRONGLY suggest you pick this palette up... it's THAT great! Beyond a shadow of a doubt, THIS is my favorite palette... EVER! It contains a nice mix of matte, satin and shimmer colors, and ALL have excellent payoff. If you guys want to see swatches of the palette then let me know and I'll try to set some time aside to make that happen.

Anyways, here's a simple look I did using the Coastal Scents 88 Mirage Palette. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but the lid color is a GORGEOUS pinkish-gold! I was asked if you can skip this if you already have the Metal Mania palette, and honestly, I'd say HELL NO!!! This palette has so many wonderful colors that you cannot find in the metals palette (like the deeper greens,purples,and blues) as well as some that are close in shade, and the finishes of a lot of them give you the same effect. So really, if it comes down to choosing, I say go for the Mirage Palette... unless you're recession proof and can swing them both LOL

And now that my initial review is done... on to the look!

For Reference: 88 Mirage Palette


On Lid: D8, Crease: I5 & I6, Browbone: E2




To highlight I used the matte cream shade from the W&W Vanity palette
To deepen the crease I used my Palladio Herbal Shadow in Black Onyx
I used Stila All Day waterproof liner on the top lashline &
MARK Nowhere to Run liner in Jet Set (lightly) for the bottom lashline and
topped the look off with Voluminous Millions Mascara

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

*All products were paid for by ME for my own personal use*

1 comment: